Sunday, October 28, 2007

Wishes #43, #44, #45






These are some special wishes from a very special family. We met the Westbrook family in a Disciple Bible Class at Sunrise Methodist Church in Colorado Springs. And, for lack of a better description, it was love at first sight! Our families just "jelled" and had so many laughs during the good times and prayers during the rough times. I can't tell you how touching it was to open the mail and see these faces and their carefully chosen fabrics for our Ty.

The top selection and picture is of a handsome young man named Reese. The baseballs on the blue background is the ultimate all-American fabric and Reese wrote:

Ty,
I hope you like sports!
Love, Reese


And Reese's sister Caitie put so much thought into her selection and wish. She is such a beautiful girl and her words are beautiful too:

Ty-
Welcome to America! You've got a
great family and I know you will have
an amazing life with them. The love you
so much!

I just wanted to tell you why I chose
this fabric. I was born in Florida and i
have not seen the beach since I moved
away from there. I miss it very much and I
think it is so pretty. This fabric reminded
me of the beach, and when I saw it -
I knew it was perfect.

Hope you have many good memories with
this quilt.
love, Caitie Westbrook


The U.S. Navy will now be proudly stitched into Ty's quilt, representing a very patriotic veteran family that I admire so much -

They write:

Ty-

May you find strength, stability
and support as you become anchored
in the blessings and love of your
new family.

Love,
Kyle, Ann, Caitie & Reese


Love you guys - thanks!