Saturday, October 20, 2007

Wish #39




This squish arrived via Royal Mail from the U.K. My new internet buddy Janet Oatway found a "Peter Rabbit" fabric! She said that she searched high and low for something that represented children and England - and I think that this is "brilliant!"

Janet got her dossier to China on August 10th of this year and I hope that her wait passes quickly! She also explained to me that some countries don't allow their citizens to consider children on the "waiting" lists. Part of this reasoning is attributed to the inherent costs of healtcare associated with these precious children. It concerns me that limitations are placed on the potential families that could be out there for these special kids - and makes me ever so grateful that our son will be with us soon and that we live in a country that is willing to risk so much in order for everyone to have opportunity!

Janet wrote:

To understand the heart and mind of a person, look not at what he has lready achieved, but at what he aspires to. Kahlil Gibran

Beatrix Potter born on July 28th, 1866
Kensington, London, England.
Author of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Janet Oatway, England
DTC 10th August 2007