Sunday, October 28, 2007

Wish #42



This fabric makes it easy for me to imagine myself walking down a sidestreet near the American Embassy in Guangzhou. My new family of four is strolling along all smiles under a night sky dappled with bright, cheerful Chinese lanterns. We are headed back to our hotel room for our last night in China before we board our flight to the USA and I imagine these lanterns winking at Ty and bidding him a happy life with this family that loves him so much.

Of course, I am also mentally preparing myself for the possibility that he may not like us one bit for taking him away from China. And he may be kicking the ground as we stroll along - or even running like a jack rabbit ahead of us trying to get away...but just wait til we get him home! He'll come around and embrace this love that we have for him - and treasure it as we treasure him. He'll be happy one day - and when he sees this quilt, maybe he'll think back to those brightly, swinging lanterns wishing him well with his forever family. I will.

Thanks Wysner family for this great squish:

"May you always have walls for the winds, a roof for
the rain, tea beside the fire, laghter to cheer you,
those you love near you and all your heart might desire."
Irish Blessing

Debbie & Bobby Wysner
Lexington, SC
Waiting for Presley in Vietnam, 2007