Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wish #83



This wish touched my heart. As most have - but the quote that was on this wish is a very special one to me. Corinne sent a red print in a beautiful "true" red witha dainty vine and leaf print in white on it. The card reads:

Do all the good you can
By all the means you can
In all the ways you can
In all the places you can
All the times you can
To all the people you can
As long as you ever can.
~John Wesley

Best wishes from
The Ponto Family
LID 11-16-06


My sweet mother stitched this quote in a lovely needlework sampler and presented it to our church at home. I am a lifelong Methodist and our founder John Wesley had a heart for sharing the Gospel and doing good. This quote is really something to aspire to and embodies the idea of being the hands and feet of Jesus Christ and serving all those around us. It will warm my heart to be able to share this with my son. There is so much power in this quilt.