Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Wish #75 (with a Bonus!)




Of course my very bestest friend would send me a bonus piece of fabric! It was really very exciting! I kind of signed her up to participate in this Red Thread Swap for a variety of reasons. First, because she needs to get started on Kelly's quilt. Secondly, because it makes going to the mailbox way fun. And thirdly, because that indescribable red thread has tied our lives together over and over and over. So - she HAD to do it!

She sent me a gorgeous, rich nature-inspired red print and wrote this:

"Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and
leave a trail."
~R.W. Emerson

Blessed child of this world...we wish you
many new trails filled with love and hope,
family, faith and friends.

Carol & Callen O'Hearn
Denver, CO USA

And she included this slip of paper:
Hello - we are Carol and Callen O'Hearn from Denver, CO. Callen is an independent contractor who can fix anything in sight!! Carol is a pilot for United Airlines and the US Air Force. We are both anxious to hold our 2 year old son. He is waiting for us in Beijing. We share in your joy...and wish you speedy travels and peace as you wait for your family to also be united!!


Two things struck me with Carol's wish. That quote from R.W. Emerson has been sitting on my husband's desk for many, many years - he loves it! And also - I had to laugh out loud seeing the words "independent" contractor describing Callen. Not that he isn't one and not that he doesn't do a brilliant job at it - but because I couldn't imagine him being a "dependent" contractor to save his life! Ha! Talk about independent! Thanks for the smile Cal!

And yes- Carol sent me a bonus piece of fabric because she couldn't choose between two red prints she loved. Some folks in the swap got the one I described above. And others got the lighter-red, dainty butterfly print. But I GOT BOTH! Gotta love it!

I'll include the sticky notes she enclosed about our red threads in Ty's album with this bonus butterfly fabric!

Love you, my friend!