Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wish #100




The Centennial Wishes! I can't believe we've made it to One Hundred Wishes for our precious Ty. I look at all of these fabrics and am so excited to get started and see this gift of love come to life!

These wishes arrived via mail from our good friends the Ogdens. We met the Ogdens in California when we were all stationed at Travis AFB. They were our backyard neighbors. We both lived on the corners of two different blocks and shared a back fence - but to get to each others' front door - we had to walk all the way around to the other street or block. But not for long....within a few weeks...we returned home to find a lovely gate installed in our back yard so that we could just pop in anytime! It was so fun and led to many antics.

I know that there is a mysterious $5.00 bill floating around somewhere between us - and I don't even remember how it got started...but one day I found it stapled to the brand new gate! It has been wrapped around a computer headset, hidden under an ice bucket - and who knows what/where else. I'm not even sure whose home it is hidden in anymore!

We had so many laughs - I'm not sure you can say enough good things about someone who will come and clean up your cat's vomit for you. (I have a phobia - and Tony was deployed and this was EVERYWHERE!) This is just the tip of the iceberg folks - so many more laughs, fun, tears - just amazing friends!

Now Sid is deployed for a year - and I'm not there to help Mary and the kids clean up their "cat puke" or whatever they need. Fortunately - they live near family now is sunny Florida - hmmmmmmm.....Florida.....maybe they DO need help :)

Liz (John and Mary's daughter and sister to Chris "One Dot" Ogden) selected a fun fabric! It is black and filled with bright, neon-colored circles that are interlocking. When I think of Liz - I definitely think of bright colors....it is perfect! She wrote:

May your troubles be less,
your blessings be more
And nothing but happiness
come through your door....

Liz Ogden


Mary selected a simple and beautiful print of muted gold background with tonal vines winding across it. I love the softness of the print and the traveling vines. Mary wrote:

Our Wish for Ty

I wish you not a path devoid of clouds, nor a life on a bed of roses.
Not that you might never need regret, nor that you should never feel pain.
No, that is not my wish for you.

My wish for you is:
That you might be brave in times of trial,
when others lay crosses upon your shoulders.
When mountains must be climbed
and chasms are to be crossed;
when hope can scarce shine through.
That every gift God gave you might grow along with you,
and let you give the gift of joy to all who care for you.
That you may always have a friend who is worth that name;
whom you can trust, and who helps you in times of sadness,
who will defy the storms of daily life at your side.

One more wish I have for you:
that in every hour of joy and pain you may feel God close to you.
This is my wish for you and for all who care for you.

This is my hope for you, now and forever.

Ogden Jrs.
Travis AFB, CA


Beautifully shared my friends! Miss you all.....