Friday, April 18, 2008

Goal + 1



I was so pleasantly surprised to receive this squsih in the mail for Ty! Dr. Dick Oosta actually delivered my brother MANY years ago on the fourth of July (1970)! He and his wife Margaret were good friends of my Grandparents and my parents. And their son Jack accompanied me down the aisle....when I was a flower girl and he was the ring bearer for a wedding! We were pretty cute and charming if I do say so myself!

We have always stayed in touch with them at Christmas and I was very touched when I saw the lovely gold-tone printed fabric and this accompanying note:

Dear Ty,

We are so happy you have come to America. Our wish
for you is for a healthy and happy life with
your wonderful family.

Blessings,
The Oosta Family

And the Oostas wrote the Chinese characters and pinyin for "Welcome" down the side of the card.


Their characters are beautiful and I know they will mean so much to Ty. The literal translation, character by character, is "pleased to welcome your bright arrival." Isn't that beautiful?? This is truly the ultimate welcome in the Chinese tradition!

Thank you so much Oostas! It will be an honor to include you in Ty's quilt.