Friday, March 21, 2008

Wish #93



I was contacted by another hopeful adoptive Mom who wanted to know if I would swap squishes with her. We had a couple of nice emails and she sent this soft yellow polka dot print fabric that we can add to Ty's quilt - and it came all the way from the Canary Islands, Spain!

Adoption is such a global thing and I don't know if I ever gave that a lot of thought before we began this process and began interacting with other families online around the world. Foreign families adopt globally, as their countries allow them. In fact, children from the US are adopted by foreigners. The last that I heard from someone, we were number 5 on the list of global adoptees. Interesting to think about.....

Nazareth wrote:

Deseo que la buena fortuna y la felicidad, encuentren simepre el camino
hasta tu hogar, y tengas una vida llena de amor, alegrias y sonrisas
junto a tu nueva familia.

I wish you that the good fortune and the happiness, find always the way
to your home, and have a life full of love, happy moments and smiles
with your forever family.

Nazareth Porras
Canary Islands, Spain