Thursday, March 20, 2008

Wish #91



Who doesn't smile when they look at this sweet, sweet fabric? There are precious red hearts dappled across crisp white fabric. This could come from none other than a friend of the family who lives on Heart Acres. Dianne and Ed are long-time friends of our family. We met them through our church when I was growing up.

I don't exactly remember when we met - but I do remember that Dianne had a cross stitch store and I bought my first stitching supplies there. Those supplies included everything necessary to make my boyfriend at the time a pillow of a mallard duck. He was a duck hunter and boy, I just knew that was the ticket. And it was - for awhile. Let's just say that stitching was the more lasting of the relationships! :) To this day, when I cross-stitch, I think of Dianne, my Grandmother and my Mom. Dianne, you are in some good company.

For awhile, Dianne and Ed lived next door to my folks in the country. Dianne and Ed still live out in the country and Heart Acres is an almost magical place. Charm lurks behind every bush, in every tree and underneath every rafter of their home. I love it there. I'll never forget the love that Dianne heaped on our Caitlin when she first arrived in our lives. And now - they are helping us welcome Ty! Dianne and Ed wrote:

Ty,

We wish you
a "Happy Heart"
in your new home!

Dianne and Ed Roper (with a heart!)


Thank you from the bottom of OUR hearts!