Thursday, February 14, 2008

IT ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!

So it is Valentine's Day - and instead of putting on the "heart socks" from the sock drawer - I thought..."why not?" and slipped my lucky ladybug socks right onto my feet.

And a couple of hours later - I danced in from the mailbox with the most precious document I have almost ever seen in my hands!!!!!!!!!!!! We received that paper from the Dept of Homeland Security that allows us to bring Ty home!

I made a copy, took it to a notary to certify that the copy was an original copy, then went to Prattville, AL to get 9 of our documents county certified. This means that the county looked at the notary's signature and provded papers that said, "Yes, this is a notary in our county."

Tomorrow a.m. I will go to Montgomery County and get 3 more documents county certified and then I will sweet talk my way into the Secretary of State's office and get all 15 documents State Certified.

And THEN- I will FEDEX these precious babies to a Chinese Consulate Courier in Houston. And she will get them Authenticated by the consulate (who authenticates the state certifications and says, "Yes, this is a state in the United States."

THEN - they will be FEDEX'd to Utah and our dossier will go to China hopefully by 2/25!!!!!!!!!! And then we can fill in the DTC date over in the list to the left of this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And more importantly, we will be able to send Ty packages and letters and pictures....and Hot Wheels cars!

Ty - we are truly on our way....and working as fast as we possibly can. This was the best Valentine's Card I've ever received!