Friday, November 30, 2007

Wish #50 - HALF WAY THERE!!!!!



Wow - the 50th squish! And it is super! The folks that sent this fabric are part of the fabric of our own lives. The Franks/Salters have been a part of our family far before I was born. My Grandparents and Mrs. Lois and Mr. "Woodsy" Salter were friends. My Granddaddy and Mr. Salter hunted together and fished together (there is a HILARIOUS story about them fishing one night and checking their lines....) My Grandmother and Mrs. Lois drank coffee together and shelled peas together. They all taught school together in Zwolle, LA and they all served in their church together. And they raised their daughters together....

Joanne and my Mom have been friends for a LONG time. They played ball together and rode horses around town together. And Joanne was the Maid of Honor at my folks' wedding. All this before I even met them ;)

I was raised knowing that these were special folks that loved us very much. Recently, Mrs. Lois moved to Houston to live in a retirement community closer to Joanne and her husband Lon. When they were cleaning out Mrs. Lois' house, they came across this fabric and sent it for Ty's quilt. This touched me so very much. With tears in my eyes, I read:

"I prayed for this child, and
the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27"

The love of a family is one of life's greatest blessings.

We welcome you with love!

Lon, Joanne and Lois


Dear Lon, Joanne and Lois - life HAS blessed us greatly with you. Thank you for sharing that love with Ty. It is a wonderful legacy of love.